25th June, 2015, Thursday
King Khan- Shahrukh Khan. The name says it all.
23 years ago, SRK came, he saw and he conquered- the hearts of his fans and the box office cash registers.
From being a TV actor to becoming one of Indian Cinema’s biggest superstars has been an enriching one.
It was on this day, 23 years ago, SRK’s debut film Deewana (1992) hit the silver screen.
His fans took to Twitter to trend the hashtag #23GoldenYearsOfSRK to mark his achievement in the industry.
On completing 22 years in the industry, SRK tweeted “All notions, creations & experiences of decades will end on the day of truth. I tirelessly work to ignore the inevitable. Thanks for 22 years of O2″
“I have till date not seen Deewana. I have a notion that I don’t want to see my first or last creation. They are bookends, the story is between” he tweeted.
Over the years, he has not only given us some extremely fun dance numbers, but also so hilarious, thoughtful, meaningful, re-usable dialogues.
Here are 10 SRK dialogues that are relevant in real life:
1. When you experience failure
“Haar ke jeetne wale ko hi baazigar kehte hai.”
2. When your girl/boyfriend wants to break up with you
“Hum ek baar jeete hai, ek baar marte hai, shaadi bhi ek baar hoti hai, aur pyar ek baar hi hota hai.”
3. When you make a big blunder
“Bade bade deshon mein aaisi choti choti baatein hoti rehti hai Senorita.”
4. When you really want that dream job
“Kehte hain agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaho to puri kainath usse tumse milane ki koshish mein lag jaati hai.”
5. When your wife nags you about your drinking
“Kaun kambakht bardaasht karne ko peeta hai … hum toh peete hai ki yahan par baith sake, tumhe dekh sake, tumhe bardaasht kar sake.”
6. When you’re in a dilemma whether to spend that last bit of your salary on that expensive bag or gadget
“Aaj, aaj ek hasi aur baant lo, aaj ek dua aur maang lo, aaj ek ansoon aur pee lo, aaj ek zindagi aur jee lo, aaj ek sapna aur dekh lo, aaj, kya pata, kal ho naa ho.”
7. When you are stuck in a sarkaari daftar
“Don’t underestimate the power of a common man.”
8. When people write you off
“Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost.”
9. When you lose out on that cards game (or whatever is it you like playing!)
“Duniya mein do tarah ke log hote hai. Winners and losers. Lekin zindagi har loser ko woh ek mauka zaroor deti hai jis mein woh winner ban sakta hai.”
10. When you’ve broken that traffic signal
“Don ko pakadna mushkil hi nahi namumkin hai.”